A NUMBER of flood warnings are in place across the county following the heavy rain from Storm Dennis this weekend.
Currently seven warnings are in place and 33 flood alerts across Berkshire.
The seven areas that come under the flood warnings are urged to take ‘immediate action’ as flooding is expected, according to the Environment Agency.
These areas include:
- Properties closest to the River Kennet at Burghfield, Southcote, Coley, and Holybrook
- River Loddon and River Blackwater at Swallowfield
- River Loddon at Lower Earley and Sindlesham
- River Loddon at Winnersh and Woodley
- River Pang at Tidmarsh
- Hoe Stream at Woking
- Colne Brook at Colnebrook
In these areas, households nearby are urged to move possessions and valuables off the ground or to safety, and to move family, pets and cars to safety.
Officers have also been out to these areas clearing rubbish to better the situations, this includes ‘imminent flooding’ in Reading town centre, Shenfield Mill, and Theale.
The 33 flood alerts in place also suggest flooding is possible and urges households to be prepared. Although this is not as imminent as the warnings above.
The areas listed are:
- Colne Brook at Iver and Colnbrook
- Emm Brook
- Ginge Brook
- Groundwater flooding in the Lambourn Valley catchment
- Groundwater flooding in the Salisbury Plain area
- Groundwater flooding in the Upper Aldbourne Valley
- Groundwater flooding in Vernham Dean, Upton and the Bourne Valley
- Groundwater flooding in West Ilsley, East Ilsley, Compton, Chilton and West Hagbourne
- Hoe Stream
- Lower River Colne and Frays River
- Lower River Loddon
- Lower River Loddon at the River Thames confluence at Twyford
- Lower River Wey
- River Blackwater and The Cove Brook
- River Enborne and Foudry Brook
- River Kennet and its tributaries from Berwick Bassett down to Newbury
- River Kennet from Thatcham down to Reading
- River Lambourn and its tributaries from Upper Lambourn down to Newbury
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon, and also the Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- River Pang from East Ilsley to Pangbourne and Sulham Brook
- River Pinn and Woodridings Stream
- River Thames and its tributaries from Days Lock to above Pangbourne
- River Thames for Shiplake, Lower Shiplake and Wargrave
- River Thames from Datchet to Shepperton Green
- River Thames from Hurley to Cookham
- River Thames from Mapledurham to Sonning
- River Thames from Pangbourne to Purley
- River Thames from Shepperton to Molesey
- River Whitewater and River Hart
- Upper River Loddon
- Windle Brook and Hale, Mill and Addlestone Bournes